How To Be Charming - Six Ways To Be More Charming:
A Mini-Guide For Women
No matter what happens between you and your man, he will always be affected by your first encounters. He will always remember how you seemed in the early days of your relationship, and this "image" will stay in his mind for a long, long time - because first impressions matter tremendously.
The way you carry yourself affects how MEN respond to YOU. Do you know how men see you? Do you know your strengths and weaknesses?
There are six tips which can make you a more charming woman immediately. Women who do these six things get results - people want to be around them more. Men take a second look - and a third.
These six things will serve you well. They will cause people to think well of you. They will keep you out of trouble because people will be more forgiving toward you. These six things can get you jobs you would not otherwise get - and they can make a huge difference in your lovelife.
1. You absolutely must smile. Sometimes we forget to just smile! Sometimes we're afraid of rejection. A smile can often be the difference between being polite and being rude!
2. You must stand straight. Posture is everything. Notice how other people carry themselves, and you will see how much this one critical thing affects their image. Standing straighter will actually make you feel more confident.
3. Be relaxed. No one really wants to be around a tense person because it makes them uncomfortable. If you are a tense person, or have worries, try to be as kind to yourself as you would be to your own best friend - because that is exactly what you already are. Things will work out for the best - believe it.
4. You must make eye contact with people. This doesn't mean staring; it means casually looking directly at a guy when he is speaking. It's a bit uncomfortable at first, but it shows a man that you are very confident.
5. Use other people's names often. Ask for their name as soon as you meet them, and use it right away. This is a dead giveaway of a person with class. People always respond positively to hearing their name used in a pleasant tone of voice. Never miss an opportunity to use someone's name. (Don't go overboard, of course.)
For example, use their name in every email you send to them. (This is especially true if you are emailing your boss. Not using his or her name would be disrespectful.)
What is the best way to get the attention of a man - even of one you don't know yet? I stumbled onto this way by sheer accident, and now I will share it with you:
All my life, I wanted to write a book. I had written articles for years and had been published numerous times, but I had never written a full-length book. After I wrote my first book, I started to feel more like a writer than ever before.
One day not long after that, I walked into a coffee cafe (Starbucks, of course) and I was thinking "I finally finished writing my first book!" Although that day I had rushed out of the house not wearing anything special and almost no make-up, it didn't matter. I didn't know it yet, but those thoughts in my head gave me a "something" that men seemed to pick up on, without knowing anything about me - total strangers, in fact. The difference was subtle, but very powerful.
And this happened again - and again - every single time I was thinking about that and feeling that "special" feeling.
All you have to do is imagine yourself as already famous for whatever you would love to be famous for. If you would love to be a designer, imagine that you are already the most sought-after designer, or the most admired lawyer in your city, or whatever is your special dream or talent.
Then walk into the room knowing that you are a "celebrity" in your own right - someone who might even be recognized.
Men will sit up and take notice. You will be amazed how well this works.
You can see how you can apply this immediately to get the attention of a man - no matter what you look like or how you are dressed. You can apply this at your job or at school to cause people to look at you with new eyes.
6. Always greet other people when you see them. Why do we greet people? It's an important ritual of life that we practice every day. You show your class and your warmth by how you greet people. It's amazing how this one thing can brighten someone's day.
It's hard to be mad at someone who has just given you a warm greeting. Greeting others can prevent a problem before it even begins - because it simply makes people feel better to be acknowledged and provided the joy of a warm voice and a smile.
Always greet your co-workers, neighbors, and friends when you see them - even the ones you don't particularly like.
And if you happen to have an "enemy" of some kind whom you are forced to deal with, say "good morning" anyway. This will give YOU the upper hand, not them. It shows that YOU are in control, and that no one can take your class away and make you stoop to a lower level.
Greet the ones you really love, too!!
Always greet your family members when you see them. Hug your sister or brother, your aunt and uncle. Kiss your children if they'll still let you. Kiss your boyfriend or husband every time you meet. Hug your friends. If you're a teenager, hug your friends' parents when you see them. They'll love you for it.
And don't forget to use THEIR names - and make eye contact with them, too - of all people!
There is no such thing as a "little thing."
Did you know that you have an effect upon everyone you meet - either a positive one or a negative one. This effect will either increase or decrease the amount of happiness, love, and success in your life.
Women who have charm are so often unaware of their appeal - yet they find themselves surrounded by men who want their undivided attention. They're not trying to keep any secrets about charm - they simply are who they are.
Why do some relationships succeed and others fail?
A great deal of the success of your relationships is determined in the very beginning - in the first impressions you make. And yes, it is possible to "remake" your image. Don't put it off!
Discover the charming woman within you; use these six simple tips to get you started. Don't just do this for a day - make it a consistent part of your personality, so that people can count on you to be charming every time they are with you.
Make these six tips on charm a vital part of your life - and watch the magic begin.
Mimi Tanner reveals the secrets of flirting and getting the attention of your man. Her emails are read by thousands of women every day. Check out Secrets of Flirting With Men. You may reprint this article if this statement is included, with all links unchanged.
©2006 Mimi Tanner